The seaside town of Chatham is a beautiful place to visit in New England, US. It is home of a beautiful long beach and amazing lighthouse. It also has a vibrant downtown, many shopping and dining options, and there are numerous great events and festivals throughout the year. You would be surprised with the wide choice of festivals in the town and in the region, so no matter whether you want to experience Octoberfest, golf outing, food & wine festival or music festival – Chatham has it all. The following are some great festivals you can attend in Chatham, MA.
- Chatham Annual Festival of the Arts. At this festival there are hundreds of local craftsmen and artists showing off their work in Chase Park in Chatham. Definitely one of the most popular festivals you can attend during the year.
- Cape Cod Roots and Blues Festival. This festival is celebration of good music, beach culture and local community. The festival is held on the wonderful Nauset Beach, so great time is guaranteed.
- Cape Cod Brew Festival. This annual festival attracts over hundred different American craft brewers. There are over three hundred different beer styles to taste as well some nice live music.
- Pumpkin People in the Park. Another very interesting festival held in Kate Gould Park in Chatham. Merchants from Chatham area are preparing and showcasing some amazingly creative pumpkin displays.
- Chatham Oktoberfest. Beer lovers and enthusiasts should definitely not miss this fantastic festival. All kinds of beers, food, entertainment options, games and other great stuff are available in Kate Gould Park in Chatham.
- Wellfleet Oyster Fest. This festival is one of the largest on Cape Cod, attracting thousands of visitors each year. If you want to taste the famous oysters from the region then you should visit this festival. It lasts for two days and it combines food, music, art and fun. Tickets are very affordable and you would enjoy every minute of it.
- Cape Symphony “Bach and Forth”. Cape Symphony Orchestra takes the stage and creates an evening you will never forget with classical music of famous composer Johann Sebastian Bach. If you are into classical music then this is an even you should not miss.
- Annual Holiday Lighting of the Pilgrim Monument. This local tradition commemorates the first landing of Pilgrims in the new world. Admission is completely free, so visit the event and enjoy the program.
- Chatham Christmas Stroll. This event features a weekend full of different activities, including the lighting of the Christmas tree in downtown Chatham.
- New Year`s Eve – First Night Chatham. On New Year`s Eve and New Year`s Day there are over seventy musical performances, activities and events throughout Chatham. There is something nice for everybody, so make sure you check it out. The New Year`s Eve ends with beautiful fireworks over Stage Harbor in Chatham.
These were just some popular festivals in and around Chatham, but there are plenty of others worth seeing. Pack your bags and visit Chatham for complete holiday experience.